Friday 7 December 2018

Well, I wasn’t well informed about world ecosystem conflicts, just how it is created and the damage that they can cause but not about the news from Quinteros. Because of that, I start to investigate ecosystem conflicts and I find an investigation from The Eco Expert, they are a solar panels comparison website formed by investigators and they did a blog that present and prove the most polluted cities around the world. With the result that included air pollution, light pollution and noise pollution, combined these three factors they created a scales that allowed them to give a score of pollution to cities.
In air pollution they took data from the World Health Organisation ’s on PM 10, that is Particulate Matter (mix of very fine solid and liquid particles suspended in the air) found in the air of 10 micrometres or less and 2.5 micrometres, the finest particles and the worst of the two, because this PM can reach to your lungs and alveoli that can cause you lung cancer. in light pollution, they took data to find the level of artificial light pollution at night for each city. In noise pollution, they use the Mimi Hearing Index to get noise pollution data and each city was given a score of noise pollution.
These three types of pollution were combined and give to the cities a score from 0 to 100 if the city is closer to 100 the pollution is bigger and if the city is closer to 0 the city has less pollution.

As you can see in this table the most polluted city is Cairo, Egypt with a score of 95.83. Estimating being 24 hours in Cairo is like smoking a pack of 20 cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. Matías: I can't find your comments to your classmates'posts. Could you tell me what students you posted, please?

    ReplyDelete

Post 10

I liked it because I was missing something in the first semester,  I needed an hour of English in my regular time, but I will like that the ...